Iran foreign minister says progress made in nuclear talks with US :
Iran foreign minister says progress made in nuclear talks with US Any sustainable agreement must ensure full recognition of Iran's legitimate rights, says Abbas Araghchi . By Reuters | February 17, 2026 Araghchi says progress made on main guiding principles. Asks US to desist from threatening use of force against Iran. Hopes talks will lead to sustainable and negotiated solution. GENEVA: Iran and the United States reached an understanding on the main "guiding principles" in a second round of nuclear talks in Geneva on Tuesday but work still needs to be done, said Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi. The progress does not mean an agreement will be reached soon but the path has started, he told Iranian media after the talks concluded. Iranian state media reported earlier that Iran would temporarily shut part of the Strait of Hormuz, a vital global oil supply route, as it held talks over its nuclear programme with the United States, which has sent a battle force to the G...